The Online Help Editor is getting a shapeI have improved and fixed a bit the XHP editor, and changed the page address:
- Mike Saunders implementation of the autocompletion of XHP tags for Codemirror editor.
- The left and right panes are now fixed in browser screen and scrollable,
- The right pane uses 99% of the current Help transformation rendering, plus
- some visual debug information left intentionally to help Author in adjusting <embed>s, <image>s and <link>s .
- You can now open a Help page directly from the interface.
- The help page is normally
AAA/BBB/myHelpPage.xhp Type /AAA/BBB/myHelpPage.xhp in the text box and click Open File to load in the editor. Press Render page to see it on the right. A set of buttons with XHP snippets to shorten editing workload: For <paragraph>s, <note>s, <heading>s, <emph>s, <menuitem>s, etc... select the raw text or contents and click the corresponding button. The raw text will be wrapped with the opening and closing tag. For paragraph-like contents, an unique id will be created automatically, a feture required for translations. Other snippets builds fragments of XHP tags, such as <table>s, <tablerow>, <list>s, <section>s, and more. Just play with and do not forget to render the page on the right.
Restrictions The editor works with Firefox only. Issues with Chrome and Edge. Other browsers not yet tested. Saving files not implemented. However you can copy the editor contents and finish the patch in you preferred editor More XHP checking are under development, specially id's unicity and DTD checking If you get a blank page on the right, this is because you hit a bug in the browser transformation. Unfortunately debugging the browser transformation is very hard, support is almost none.